Top 10 Moodle Web Hosting Providers
|Rank||Web Host||Price||Space/Bandwidth||Domains||Performance||Customer Rating||Score||Review|
Moodle Web Hosting
The Moodle course management system is a free, open source platform that educators and educational institutions can use to create portals for online learning and course work. Since it’s open source, Moodle can be customized to fit the needs of any requirement and is adaptable to many of the common requirements needed for online course work. In order to use Moodle, you need to have compatible Moodle web hosting available. This requires a server that supports PHP and any one of the database platforms MySQL, PostGreSQL, MSSQL, and Oracle. Luckily, we’ve managed to find several web hosting providers that are compatible with all of these features. Above is a list of the top 10 Moodle web hosting providers sorted in the order of popularity amongst the visitors of our site. Each of these Moodle web hosting providers has complete support of all of the tools listed above and as such are compatible with setting up a new Moodle installation.
Compare Moodle Optimized Web Hosting Providers
Additionally, other hosts in our index may also carry the features required for Moodle web hosting simply by supporting the features: MySQL, or PostGreSQL, or Oracle, or MSSQL and PHP that are required for installing and running a Moodle course management system based web site. Moreover, these web hosts may not yet be featured in our index. If you’d like to improve the rankings for other web hosting providers for Moodle, you can do so by visiting our top 10 list above and clicking on the thumbs up and thumbs down buttons to submit your vote. If you know of any additional Moodle web hosting providers not currently listed on our site, please feel free to submit them to us here. For a view of our overall top 10 listing, visit our overall top 10 web hosting providers listing. If you’re looking for Cheap Moodle Web Hosting Providers, check out our top 10 cheap web hosting providers list. After all, why spend more? Compare and save!
5 Reasons to Use Moodle for your Website
Not sure if Moodle is the right web site package for your site? We don’t blame you for being cautious. With so many compelling options out there it’s tough to know whether the Moodle course management system is best suited to your particular new site. To help out, we’ve researched Moodle and we’ve put together 5 compelling reasons why you should consider Moodle and subsequently Moodle web hosting for your web site.
- Moodle is a free tool for running a course and managing a course online. Perfect for schools or other administrative initiatives.
- Moodle is completely open source and designed to help educators manage communities based around learning.
- Moodle is powerful enough to work with everything from a single teacher environment to a massive university with more than 200,000 students.
- Moodle has a large community of users that can help you make the most of your installation.
- Moodle supports many modules, plugins, and languages allowing you to greatly expand the functionality available right out of the box.
Moodle Web Hosting Details
When it comes to setting up your new website, choosing the right package for the job is key. Since you’re already here looking at our listing of Moodle web hosting providers, you’re obviously interested in Moodle and Moodle web hosting. To learn more details about Moodle we’ve included a link to their website, a brief description of the package, and also a listing of requirements to be supported for a web hosting provider to be capable of Moodle web hosting.
- Moodle Website: http://moodle.org/
- Moodle Description: The Moodle Course Management System is a full featured platform designed to help educators and educational institutions bring course work and learning to the world wide web. With Moodle you’ll get a wide array of educationally relevant tools in an open source package allowing you to customize and tweak it to suit your individual needs.
- Moodle Sites: Moodle sites are active throughout the globe in more than 216 different countries. These sites are generally educational institutes or individual classrooms.
- Moodle Installation Requirements: MySQL, PHP, MSSQL, PostGreSQL, Oracle
Other Web Hosting Items of Interest
If you're looking to do more research before making your decision, we're here to help. We've compiled a short list of additional web hosting items of interest to help you get started. If you have suggestions for additional items we might have missed, please feel free to contact us with a link to the article.