Top 10 Linux Web Hosting Providers
|Rank||Web Host||Price||Space/Bandwidth||Domains||Performance||Customer Rating||Score||Review|
Linux Web Hosting
Hosting your website on a Linux operating system is the most popular format in the entire world. Linux has several huge advantages in the web hosting game. Almost all distributions including RedHat, Suse, Fedora Core, Ubuntu, and CentOS are 100% free and completely open source. That makes it very cheap for Linux web hosting providers to provide their servers at rock bottom prices. Furthermore, Linux web hosting providers can offer almost all of the most popular website platforms, frameworks, and programming languages as virtually all of them are supported by the Linux operating system. With Linux web hosting, you can easily get your favorite hosting package such as WordPress, Drupal, vBulletin, or Ruby on Rails up and running in no time. In the table above, we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 Linux web hosting providers ordered by popularity rank amongst our users.
Compare Linux Optimized Web Hosting Providers
Additionally, other hosts in our index may also carry the features required for Linux web hosting simply by supporting a Linux operating system distribution as their core server platform. Moreover, these web hosts may not yet be featured in our index. If you’d like to improve the rankings for other web hosting providers as it pertains to Linux, you can do so by visiting our top 10 list above and clicking on the thumbs up and thumbs down buttons to submit your vote. If you know of any additional Linux web hosting providers not currently listed on our site, please feel free to submit them to us here. For a view of our overall top 10 listing, visit our overall top 10 web hosting providers listing. If you’re looking for Cheap Linux Web Hosting Providers, check out our top 10 cheap web hosting providers list. After all, why spend more? Compare and save!
5 Reasons to Use Linux for your Website
Not sure if Linux is the right operating system for your site? We don’t blame you for being cautious. With so many compelling options out there it’s tough to know whether the Linux operating system is best suited to your particular new site. To help out, we’ve researched Linux and we’ve put together 5 compelling reasons why you should consider Linux and subsequently Linux web hosting for your web site.
- Linux comes in many different varieties that are all powerful and customizable to your individual tastes. Linux distributions like Ubuntu, Suse, CentOS, Fedora Core, RedHat and more are freely available for download for any purpose you have in mind.
- Linux has a huge open source community behind it which is constantly improving on it and fixing any problems that may occur. With Linux, you’ll be hard pressed to find any web development platform that won’t work.
- Linux supports virtually all of the major web platforms. Linux allows you to run PHP, MySQL, Perl, Python, Java, and many more.
- Linux is completely free so you’ll find it to be much cheaper than web hosting providers that use alternative platforms. Check out our top 10 cheap web hosting providers and you’ll find virtually all of them are Linux web hosting providers.
- Kinux comes pre-installed with the world’s most popular web server Apache and support for common tools like MySQL and PHP. If your site is using a tool like WordPress or Drupal you’ll be up and running in no time flat with Linux web hosting.
Other Web Hosting Items of Interest
If you're looking to do more research before making your decision, we're here to help. We've compiled a short list of additional web hosting items of interest to help you get started. If you have suggestions for additional items we might have missed, please feel free to contact us with a link to the article.